Apr 23, 2017
The Servants of Jesus
Series: Serving Like Jesus
We'll explores Jesus’ example to guide us as a church community to think together how we can serve like Jesus and share the Gospel among our neighbors. This Sunday we'll learn from a conversation between Jesus and his friends in Luke 10:35-45.
- Apr 23, 2017The Servants of JesusApr 23, 2017The Servants of JesusSeries: Serving Like JesusWe'll explores Jesus’ example to guide us as a church community to think together how we can serve like Jesus and share the Gospel among our neighbors. This Sunday we'll learn from a conversation between Jesus and his friends in Luke 10:35-45.
- Apr 16, 2017What are you talking about?Apr 16, 2017What are you talking about?On Easter morning we'll walk along the road to Emmaus with two disciples, grieving the loss of Jesus and bewildered by the death of Messiah, when the resurrected Jesus joins them. Jesus asks them probing questions and reveals his mission of suffering for our sins and rising to defeat death. We'll explore how Jesus still walks alongside his confused disciples, asking probing questions, revealing who he really is, and changing the direction of our lives. This story is described in Luke 24:13-33. Christ is risen!
- Apr 9, 2017My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me?Apr 9, 2017My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me?We'll explore why Jesus was the only person forsaken by God as our sins were heaped upon him and see three events that begin revealing the impact of Christ's atonement: (1) The temple curtain torn away removing the barrier between God and people, (2) Many dead people resurrected back to life, (3) The soldiers who nailed Jesus to cross recognizing Jesus as the Son of God.
- Apr 2, 2017Do You Want to Leave Me Too?Apr 2, 2017Do You Want to Leave Me Too?John chapter 6 unfolds with thousands of people following Jesus, but ends with only a handful of disciples. We'll explore why crowds of people turned away from Jesus and grasp his challenging teaching to faithfully follow Jesus for a lifetime.
- Mar 19, 2017What good is it to gain the whole world yet forfeit your soul?Mar 19, 2017What good is it to gain the whole world yet forfeit your soul?Peter had just proclaimed that Jesus is the Messiah. But the disciples, and their culture, expected the Messiah to conquer the Roman Empire and renew Israel's glory. So Jesus begins explaining that the Messiah must suffer, be killed, and then rise from death. This means really following Jesus isn't about our lives great for our glory, but forming Christlike character and serving like Jesus. How do we view the Messiah? What do we expect from Jesus?
- Mar 12, 2017Where Does Worry Get You?Mar 12, 2017Where Does Worry Get You?By: Josh RaskinOur modern society seems built on the concept of anxiety. We are always striving, stressing, hurrying, and worrying. But into this state of anxiety, Jesus has words that can free us not just from the condition of worry, but that can open our eyes to an entirely different way of looking at and approaching life.
- Mar 5, 20173 BIG Questions Jesus Asked
- Feb 26, 2017Do You Only Love Those Who Love You?Feb 26, 2017Do You Only Love Those Who Love You?So often our world expresses love when there is self-centered advantage or profit to be made. Imagine if Christ-followers loved without strings attached. This would bring joy to God's heart and reflects God's love in our world hungering for genuine love and human dignity. So we'll affirm the need for healthy reciprocal relationships while being challenged to serve those who have nothing to give in return or who have never experienced love to know how to reciprocate love to others.
- Feb 19, 2017Who Will Love God More?Feb 19, 2017Who Will Love God More?Do you love God? Why or why not? What motivates you to faithfully follow Christ? We'll explore a dramatic scene in which a proud religious leader learns how far he really is from God while a desperate woman expresses her love for Jesus to expose why our hearts either grow in love for God or stray away from God.
- Feb 12, 2017Questions Jesus AskedFeb 12, 2017Questions Jesus AskedJesus asked questions 173 times in the Gospels to probe our hearts and evoke our thinking. We'll explore ten of the most profound questions Jesus asked starting this Sunday until Easter. This week we'll study the question "Who do you say I am?" from Matthew 16:13-16.