Feb 19, 2017
Who Will Love God More?
Do you love God? Why or why not? What motivates you to faithfully follow Christ? We'll explore a dramatic scene in which a proud religious leader learns how far he really is from God while a desperate woman expresses her love for Jesus to expose why our hearts either grow in love for God or stray away from God.
- Feb 19, 2017Who Will Love God More?Feb 19, 2017Who Will Love God More?Do you love God? Why or why not? What motivates you to faithfully follow Christ? We'll explore a dramatic scene in which a proud religious leader learns how far he really is from God while a desperate woman expresses her love for Jesus to expose why our hearts either grow in love for God or stray away from God.
- Feb 12, 2017Questions Jesus AskedFeb 12, 2017Questions Jesus AskedJesus asked questions 173 times in the Gospels to probe our hearts and evoke our thinking. We'll explore ten of the most profound questions Jesus asked starting this Sunday until Easter. This week we'll study the question "Who do you say I am?" from Matthew 16:13-16.
- Feb 5, 2017The Other SideFeb 5, 2017The Other SideWe'll go on a journey across the Sea of Galilee with Jesus and his disciples, through a raging storm, to the other side called the "Gerasenes" where no Jewish people ever wanted to go, just to reach out to one demon-possessed, mentally ill, socially marginalized person. Come ready to be challenges to go to the "other side" for those who are spiritually lost and socially oppressed in our world today while learning how much we resemble the broken person in this narrative without God's grace in Christ.
- Jan 29, 2017What Would Jesus Smoke?Jan 29, 2017What Would Jesus Smoke?By: (All)With changing laws, shifting cultural norms, and individualism running our ethics, how are Christians to live out a different vision of the Kingdom of God? What kinds of behaviors can and can't we participate in, and how do we make those decisions? Our message this week will look at some of these issues and how they point to a different way for Christians to live in community with Christ and one another.
- Jan 22, 2017Oh How I Love Jesus
- Jan 15, 2017Build to LastJan 15, 2017Build to LastImagine if persecution arises to close our church and imprison our pastors, or temptations arise that feel so seductive, or sudden tragedy devastate our lives. Would we continue to follow Christ, even risking our lives, or would our faith dissolve because we depend on exciting church ministries, and expect God to protect us from pain? We'll explore the challenge of building our faith to last through uncompromising commitment to God and deeper devotion to live as Christ's missionaries.
- Jan 8, 2017God of the Second Chance
- Jan 1, 2017The Lord’s PrayerJan 1, 2017The Lord’s PrayerBy: Lily SohAs cliché as it may sound, the year has indeed flown by, almost at the twinkling of an eye. Nevertheless, it has been a year of the unexpected in the world, in our nation, or maybe even in our lives. Despite them all, we serve a faithful and almighty God. As we enter 2017, let us come together and reflect on The Lord’s Prayer in Matthew 6:9-13, and ask the Lord to help us to pray and live out this prayer in the new year ahead.
- Dec 11, 2016Christmas ChaosDec 11, 2016Christmas ChaosSeries: AdventLast Sunday we studied the prophecy of Messiah's arrival in Bethlehem from Micah 5:1-5. This Sunday we'll explore the first fulfillment of that prophecy. Jesus chose to enter a chaotic world filled with poverty and oppression while his temporarily homeless parents hurried to Bethlehem in fear. But God was working behind the scenes, and still works today, to unfold God's redemption in the midst of chaos.
- Dec 4, 2016Least of the LeastDec 4, 2016Least of the LeastSeries: AdventMicah surprised everyone, writing 720 years before Jesus was born, when he prophesied that Messiah would come from the tiny town of Bethlehem. But God often works in surprising ways and through unsuspecting people to fulfill his redemptive purposes.