Every Wednesday First Baptist is filled with people from our community receiving food, diapers, paper products, hygiene supplies, and more at the Food Pantry. Too many people in our community must decide between food, diapers, health care, medications, winter heat, etc. First Baptist offers community services so our neighbors can meet these basic needs for themselves and their families.
The Food Pantry serves more than 75-90 homes a week. Last year more than $73,000 worth of goods were given by the Food Pantry. During the Christmas season we work together with the Toys-for-Tots program to offer Christmas gifts to families throughout the area. The Food Pantry has been meeting needs in our community and sharing God’s love for twenty years.
Several volunteer teams work each week to make the Food Pantry possible.
- Pick-up Team gathers food from Western Massachusetts Food Bank and grocery stores and transports food to church. (Tuesday & Wednesday mornings)
- Recycling Team sorts bottles to redeem funds. (flexible)
- Set-up Team prepares food for distribution and sets up the room. (Wednesday 12:00–1:30pm)
- Distribution Team distributes food to people. (Wednesday 2:00–4:00pm)
- Clean up Team cleans Food Pantry closet and fellowship hall (Wednesday 4:00–5:00pm)
Throughout the years the Food Pantry has helped hundreds of people to enjoy healthy meals, provide for their children, and experience God’s love. If you want to learn about volunteering of if you know someone who could benefit from the Food Pantry please contact the church office at 413-549-3596 or email@example.com.
me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me. I needed clothes and you
clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
~ Matthew 25:35-36 ~